Good morning slash afternoon everybody! First let me start off with a quick recap of my workout and dinner last night, which was super delish!
Workout went well! I pushed my self a little harder on my planned run where instead of running for 4 minute intervals I made those 6 minute intevals and then broke up the next 4 min. incline walk into 2 min. hard incline and then 2 min. recovery incline!
My final run breakdown looked like this…
When I got home I packed my breakfast/lunch/snacks for today and then got to work on an easy dinner!
Since I am trying to use up groceries/leftovers before they go bad I recycled my quinoa caprese meal idea, but added in a chicken sausage for some added protein & staying power! The added meat component gave the dish a lot more sustenance and I thoroughly enjoyed it…
Again all you do for this dish is take about 1/2 c. cooked quinoa (mine was leftover from din on Sunday), cut up a handful of grape tomatoes, some basil, & mozzarella cheese, then I cooked the sausage on the stovetop in 1 tbsp. coconut oil and added everything together in a bowl!
Super quick, easy, fresh, and delicious meal!
For “dessert” I had an orange..I am not usually one for having fruit for dessert, but we didn’t have anything sweet in our house really..so an orange had to make do 😦
Healthy, but certainly not chocolate that’s for sure!
Anyways, after dinner my family watched the Duck’s hockey game against the San Jose Sharks, we are big Ducks fans haha and well they got their butts kicked to the Sharks and it was a sad night for all in the Kennedy clan 😦
PS my fam is super big on hockey so we watch it all the time! I am pretty much up on all the stats and it is one of the only professional sports I watch on the reg! It’s just so good…fast paced….fights…cute hockey players…what’s not to like!
Next up…breakfast this morning! I finished my jar of cookie butter yesterday, and that only meant one things…overnight oats in a jar!!!
Outside it looks like a normal jar of cookie butter…BUT inside it’s my most favorite breakfast in the world!!!
I added 1/2 c. rolled oats, 1 6 oz. container of Trader Joe’s Honey Greek Yogurt, 1/2 tsp. chia seeds, dash of vanilla almond milk, cinnamon, and apple slices…in the morning I mixed it up and added a bit more milk/a dash of sunbutter and was thoroughly happy with my little concoction and the return of this breakfast beauty!
Ok, now on to things that are making me happy right now…let’s do it list style because that makes thing super easy to read 🙂
- Daylight Savings Time- I mean nothing is better than getting off work, going to the gym, and still having a tad bit of daylight left once my whole day is over! Seriously..makes me so happy!
- Spring Weather- There is something about Spring time that is just so wonderful! Right now it is starting to warm up, baseball season has begun, the smell of fresh grass and blooming flowers delights your nostrils, afternoon walks get more appealing by the day…it’s the down right best time of year!
- Easter!!!- I LOVE EASTER! There is something about wearing a nice sundress, going to mass with my family, eating a yummy brunch, and enjoying season candy like Peeps and Jelly Beans that is absolutely wonderful!
- 30 Rock- My obsession with this show is getting a little out of hand! I didn’t watch it really when it was on air, but recently discovered it on netflix and decided to give it a whirl! Wow is all I can say…it’s so freaking hilarious! It’s kind of a very particular type of humor, but it makes me crack up every time I watch it..gotta love Tina Fey!
- Interval Workouts- My latest obsession has been doing intervals on the treadmill…they have been the best way for me to increase my running mileage and I seriously sweat like no other when I finish them! Also, adding an inclined walk in my intervals seriously has given me great endurance…on my hike this weekend I barely struggled at all on all the major hill climbs! I was super proud of myself 🙂
- Jillian Michaels 6 Week 6Pack Abs- I am going to really push myself to do it for 6 weeks and see if I notice a difference! It kicked my butt Sunday, so hopefully with consistency and repetition I will see some results…because let me be honest, I’d love to have a more toned stomach once summer time bathing suit season roles around!
- Last, but not least…my new camelback waterbottle! It seriously keeps me sippin’ water ALL DAY LONG! Without it I never wanted to drink water, but now I refill it multiple times a day and keep it with me pretty much at all times! Yay for getting my h20 in on the reg…I gotta say it makes me pee a lot, but I have noticed clearer skin and less frequent headaches..gotta be good signs right 😉
Ok, later my peeps! I will be back with lunch and a workout for this afternoon…just a hint that I plan on mixin’ things up today!!! Catch ya on the flip side 🙂